The Controller is responsible for the accuracy of financial reporting for the business by maximizing return on financial assets via establishing sound financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. Responsible for overseeing all accounting functions to include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Reporting and the Monthly Close. Manage staff.
• Responsible for accuracy of financial reporting for the business; manage the day-to-day accounting operations to include billing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, cost accounting, payroll, tax compliance and inventory accounting; oversee cash and funding balances; directs month-end and year-end close process to include all audits; generate internal and external financial reporting in accordance with GAAP and other applicable laws and regulations and meets the monthly financial reporting deadlines required by the owner
• Manage the preparation of the budget, financial forecasts and report variances; identify, research and resolve technical accounting issues for compliance; oversee regulatory reporting to include tax planning and compliance
• Assess finance and accounting operations and develop, document and implement department operating procedures and policies to maintain and strengthen internal financial controls and provide for efficient and accurate accounting operations; evaluate and recommend new systems and process improvements to enhance department efficiency and improve delivery of service to the business
• Provide financial analysis/support (e.g., accounting, tax, budget vs actual performance) for Company-wide business as needed, including custom reporting/tools for business teams; develop, implement and monitor business performance metrics using company business intelligence software tools; prepare internal management information reporting to Sr. Management and to include comprehensive financial updates
• Bachelors’ degree in Business or Accounting, Finance, Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting or related field; Advanced degree and CPA is preferred
• 7-10 years’ experience in various accounting functions, including a strong working knowledge of financial reporting, GAAP, FASB and other accounting theories and practices
• Solid experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close and audit processes
• Excellent Excel skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Suite
• Soft Skills: Strong analytical thinker; excellent communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively lead and interact with multiple disciplines/departments; strong project management skills; ability to influence others; solid customer service/support orientation
Our mission is to keep our customers connected and protected by providing a comprehensive suite of communications and security solutions delivered with the highest quality customer service. We value every team member and are committed to career growth and development for our staff. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, employer paid life and disability insurance and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. We are an equal opportunity employer.