The Director of Client Support Services (CSS) is the support advocate for Comstar’s clients and is responsible for ensuring the CSS Team is delivering the highest quality service to clients, building strong client relationships, detecting new business opportunities, all staffing and training needs, profitably, and the team’s activities are aligned with corporate goals and objectives. The Director, CSS works collaboratively with Project Managers and other department heads to oversee support handoff of new clients and projects, allocate resources and ensure client satisfaction is achieved. The Director, CSS identifies and implements departmental and cross functional business process improvements strategies as they relate to support, to increase efficiencies for the Company. The Director, CSS manages department budget and staff and is responsible for hiring, mentoring and retaining qualified staff who will contribute to the unit goals.
1. Manage CSS Team to improve client satisfaction by identifying trends, understanding service issues and recommending improvements that enhance client relations while maintaining costs; conduct conversations with clients regarding their overall service and documenting feedback for improvement purposes as well as detecting new business opportunities; resolve escalated issues effectively and timely; ensure all services are implemented and managed for all client and all SLA’s are met and addressed; lead resolution activities for chronic issues; support escalation contact for all Executive and Strategic clients; manage all internal and client facing communication for maintenance, outage and change management related activities
2. Create weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual trend reporting for internal trend and performance metrics; review analyst scorecards to ensure optimal performance of support staff; provide coaching when/where needed; maintain centralized documentation of common IT procedures and policies.
3. Lead all internal IT Operations, including, but not limited to: maintaining all hardware and software inventories, ensuring licensing and maintenance is applied on all hardware, software and services, manage hardware refresh cycles, Ensure all internal and client facing hardware, software and services follow IT and Cyber best practices, manage employee on and off boarding processes
4. Ensure Comstar policies, processes, procedures and Company documentation for department personnel are consistently followed and completed according to Company standards, e.g., time reporting via ConnectWise for billing, payroll, work order progress/completion, time and materials, return of equipment, etc.; analyze trends and recommend improvements/enhancements to current systems; operate within signing authority and budget assumptions; ensure IT and cybersecurity best practices are implemented for both Comstar and clients
• Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Finance or Technology or equivalent work experience. MBA a plus.
• Minimum 8-10 years’ experience managing teams and projects
• Minimum 8-10 years’ experience related technology
• Strong knowledge of cybersecurity, IT best practices, servers, desktops, networking, infrastructure cabling Voice/Network, Audio-Visual or Security concepts and terminology
• Proven ability to present to clients and C-Level audiences
• Certifications: While certifications are not required at the Director level, associates may choose to pursue certain technical certifications as part of their professional development
• Soft Skills: excellent customer interfacing skills (verbal, social, written); strong interpersonal skills, excellent communicator internally and externally; ability to effectively interact with multiple disciplines/departments; strong analytic and critical thinking skills; initiative to research and stay current with latest technologies; ability to influence others