The Sales Engineer designs systems and develops proposals for various infrastructure technology solutions and consulting projects. These solutions include but are not limited to, structured cabling, access control, security camera, intrusion detection, audio-visual, sound masking, analog/IP paging and cell booster systems.
1. Design and develop viable infrastructure technology solutions for Comstar’s technology platforms (e.g., audio visual, structured cabling, etc.); partner with internal sales staff and clients to interpret client’s needs and opportunities delivering high quality designs and solutions; ensure clients understand solutions presented, and think critically to suggest improvements that may lead to cost savings or other client benefits
2. Develop all design documentation accurately to include conducting site visits, technology solution quotations, and solution drawings including device layout floor plans, rack elevations, signal flow diagrams, line-level diagrams and room elevation drawings; ensure field techs and subcontractors are operating with the most updated plan designs
3. Effectively work with architects, MEP engineers and end users to develop and design Infrastructure Consulting solutions
4. Assist the Company in researching and developing new, competitive products and solutions
• Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 + years’ experience in a sales engineering role to include performing site surveys and developing appropriate quotes; experience in service, technology or infrastructure
• Knowledge of general engineering practices in technologies, audio visual, cabling, security
• Experience in developing audio-visual solution documentation in AutoCAD preferred. Documentation to include device layout floor plans, room device elevations, signal flow diagrams, single line diagrams rack elevations, device detail drawings, etc.
• Soft Skills: excellent customer interfacing skills (verbal, social, written); excellent communicator internally and externally; creative thinker and problem solver; technology savvy; ability to effectively interact with multiple disciplines/departments