As the first point of contact between end users and the organization, the technician is responsible for providing technical assistance to inbound telephone inquiries from Comstar customers and facilitate resolution to various support issues. This includes collaborating with higher tiered team members and advancing through the Support division.
• Ensure front-line customer satisfaction by dealing professionally and effectively with all internal and external customers/clients
• Responsible for diagnosing customer issues by asking probing questions to hone in on issues and executing the most logical fix. This includes providing verbal instructions to customers at a level of detail commensurate with the customer’s PC knowledge and experience; follow up re: status of incidents/requests accurately and timely
• Accurately record and document details (including categorization/priority) of customer interaction by opening ticket in the trouble ticketing system and records appropriate information in database; Assigns ticket to Tier2 /Tier 3 staff for advanced escalation and trouble shooting
• Work with Engineers to develop skills in portals and systems to be able to more efficiently assist the clients
• Minimum high school diploma; Associate or technical degree or equivalent work experience.
• Previous call center or service desk experience preferred; 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service role
• Possess basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Certifications: none
• Soft Skills: strong customer interfacing skills (verbal, social, written); strong communicator; problem solver; good interpersonal skills; demonstrates flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness; good organizational skills
Our mission is to keep our customers connected and protected by providing a comprehensive suite of communications and security solutions delivered with the highest quality customer service. We value every team member and are committed to career growth and development for our staff. We offer a Competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, employer paid life and disability insurance and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. We are an equal opportunity employer.