Comstar Loves the Empire State: Buffalo Event Celebrates Our Newest Clients and Partners in Upstate New York
Comstar and their new Buffalo team members, Reunite with Customers/Partners During Appreciation Event That Shined a Spotlight on Giving Back
New guidelines, new work environments, the “new normal” — 2021 has thrown plenty of “new” ways of operating at us, with no shortage of surprises. In July, we celebrated what we consider to be one of our most exciting new developments: the addition of team members, partners and clients in Buffalo, New York. The long-overdue celebration (on hold due to the pandemic) gave us a chance to formally welcome our new customers and partners who joined the Comstar team in October 2020 as part of our acquisition of Comtel, a Buffalo-based provider of hosted telephony solutions. While rebranding efforts are underway, the former Comtel team remains at the very core of our client support efforts in the region. Comtel, has more than three decades of experience providing communications solutions to more than 1,300 organizations across western New York, and this recent event brought Comstar and legacy Comtel leaders together at Patrick’s Rooftop (Aloft Downtown Buffalo) to greet clients for the first time.
Event Shines Spotlight on Giving Back
The employee and customer appreciation event also served an even bigger purpose: giving back. In lieu of gift bags, attendees were invited to choose an organization to donate to as part of the Comstar Cares initiative. Comstar Cares is our community outreach effort rooted in supporting local non-profits making a difference in the markets we serve. “It was great to finally connect with partners and clients after a long year apart and the fact that we were able give back to the local community just makes it even better,” said Buffalo based Channel Manager, Michael Filbert. Proceeds from the event benefited three charities near and dear to our team’s hearts:
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western New York: This branch of the organization is part of a global network of Ronald McDonald Houses and programs that serve nearly 6,000,000 children and families annually. The network of local Ronald McDonald House chapters, active since 1974, provides families in need a safe place to stay. The Western New York branch serves 13,000 people each year.
- The Salvation Army, Buffalo, NY Area Services: Established in 1865, The Salvation Army supports nearly 30 million Americans each year by providing a broad array of social services, including food for the hungry, relief for disaster victims, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless and opportunities for underprivileged children.
- Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center: Located just outside downtown Buffalo, Roswell Park was founded in 1898 and is credited as the nation’s first cancer center. Donations to the Roswell Park Alliance Foundation support lifesaving research, treatment and prevention programs, as well as the psychosocial needs of patients and families.
Comstar and Comtel: Stronger Together
As Comstar and Comtel enter their eighth month operating under one umbrella, one goal of the acquisition has already come to fruition: broaden Comtel’s customers access to a larger solution portfolio. In addition to Comtel’s comprehensive voice offerings, customers can now access Comstar’s host of next-gen communication services:
- Unified Communications: Unified Communications-as-a-Service increases operational efficiency and decreases or even eliminates communication infrastructure costs by uniting enterprises’ voice, SMS, team messaging, social media, video conferencing and more under a dynamic, flexible, cloud-based model.
- IT Managed Services: We have top IT professionals on hand to proactively monitor your network systems, devices and endpoints to keep them running efficiently and securely.
- Audiovisual Services: We can help analyze your office and map out appropriate audiovisual solutions that meet your space, budget and user experience.
- Security: Avoid pitfalls and potential disasters by employing a holistic security strategy that’s designed to meet your specific needs.
- Connectivity: From high-speed internet access to secure and reliable data transmission, our connectivity services support your core business functions and keep you online.
- Expert Technology Consulting: We use our industry expertise to provide IT consulting, cloud migration, network design, relocation, disaster recovery and turnkey solutions tailored to solve your business challenges.
In addition, Comstar is the first 8×8 Channel Partner to offer CPaaS (Communications Platform as a Service). To learn more on how CPaaS can transform your business communications, read our latest blog here. Moreover, our team recently partnered with Cato Networks to provide its SASE (Secure Access Service Edge) platform, which has been recognized in the Gartner Hype Cycle for Enterprise Networking. With the addition of SASE to our portfolio, we can offer businesses a simplified way to meet network requirements and better map out business continuity plans while remaining connected, compliant and secure. Learn more here.
Missed us at the Buffalo event? Contact us for more information about how Comstar and Comtel are working together to serve upstate New York.