As an integral part of the Finance and Accounting team, the Accountant is responsible for maintaining accurate books in a timely manner. This includes, performing general accounting functions, supporting month end close, reconciliations, accounts payable, billing and divisional reporting. The Accountant will collaborate with various departments, corporate finance office and external auditors.
1. Assist with the completion of the Company’s books and records, including the monthly close, preparation of supporting schedules, analyzing and reconciling bank statements and credit cards, preparing journal entries and researching and resolving account discrepancies in an accurate and timely manner; assist with financial and bank audits
2. Prepare and distribute invoices for service agreements, sales orders, service tickets and projects per the terms and conditions of sale. Maintain agreement change orders and configurations for monthly agreement billing.
3. Apply cash payments to invoices. Deposit checks into checking account daily. Perform bank account reconciliations.
4. Handle all aspects of Accounts Payable, including sorting and distributing vendor invoices for approval, matching invoices to POs, coding and processing approved payments accurately and timely including associate expense reports. Reconcile company purchasing card account.
5. Manage cash flow position. Coordinate with corporate office on cash forecasting and intercompany due to/ due from transactions.
• Bachelors’ degree in Finance or Accounting
• 4+ years’ experience in various accounting functions, including a working knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting; General Ledger accounting, AP, client billing and experience. Accounting system implementation or conversions helpful.
• Strong Excel skills; experience in QuickBooks
• Soft Skills: Solid analytical thinker; strong communication (both written and verbal) skills; excellent attention to detail; ability to effectively interact with multiple disciplines/departments; Strong organizational skills; solid customer service/support orientation