At Comstar we believe in the power of transformation and its unparalleled value for our clients. By integrating a full spectrum of innovative solutions with honesty and unmatched experience and support, Comstar enables companies across all industries to achieve their goals. We are customer-focused and believe our ultimate success comes from our client’s success.
As an integral part of the Accounting & Finance team, the Accounting Assistant performs daily accounting tasks including managing accounts payable, expense reports, payroll and various GL accounting and reconciliation duties as assigned
What is My Role?
- Handle all aspects of Accounts Payable, including sorting and distributing vendor invoices for approval, processing 3-way purchase orders matching invoices, coding and processing payments accurately and timely; coordinate and process associate expense reports
- Handle all aspects of payroll processing, including verifying timesheets, entering employee information and payroll data , funding 401(k) and researching and answering payroll related questions
- Reconcile vendor statements to include researching and correcting discrepancies; effectively research and resolve vendor inquiries or issues
- Assist with monthly reconciliations and month-end closing duties as assigned
Am I the Right Fit?
- High School graduate; Associate degree in Business Administration or related experience preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in accounting or bookkeeping, or similar role
- Knowledge of accounts payable and payroll highly desired
- Solid Excel skills, proficient in Microsoft Office; familiarity with Quick Books is a plus
- Soft Skills: good communicator internally and externally; good organizational skills; demonstrates flexibility and adaptability; solid analytical skills
What are the perks?
Comstar offers competitive healthcare benefits, PTO, a matching 401(k) plan and an associate referral program. But so do most places, right? – So how do we stand out? Our team lives by our values and we strive to find applicants that do the same. We are respectful and honest. We work hard, but we have fun while doing it. We celebrate each other’s victories and support each other through challenges. Comstar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.