The Audio Visual (AV) Technician is responsible for delivering fully functional unified conferencing systems. This includes the installation of system components and cabling for conference, paging and test/verify systems.
1. Ensure front-line customer satisfaction by dealing professionally and effectively with all internal and external customers/clients
2. Help plan, install, configure and program AV systems to include but is not limited to the following functionality: presentation, audio video conferencing and mass notification/paging systems
3. Demonstrate appropriate troubleshooting skills (to include following the “45 minute rule”) and techniques for AV platforms; assist Help Desk Support with service requests from customers and deliver services by agreed upon service delivery dates; respond to emergency situations during or after hours, to resolve immediate client concerns; complete work orders for moves, adds, changes (MAC) and deletions on company supported product lines
4. Complete required documentation according to company standards such as time reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion, time and materials, etc. accurately and timely
• Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• 1-2+ years’ experience with AV Solutions; ability to install, service, program, test and troubleshoot AV systems a plus
• Knowledge of commercial AV concepts and terminology to include basic understanding of networks and infrastructure cabling; knowledge of basic hardware components and an understanding of the solutions we offer.
• Ability to work at heights (from a ladder and in confined spaces), lift or move 10-50 pounds (up to 100 pounds with another technician/engineer)
• Valid driver’s license and ability to safely drive company vehicles
• Soft Skills: excellent customer interfacing skills (verbal, social, written); solid communicator internally and externally; creative problem solver; demonstrates flexibility and adaptability