The IT Sales Engineer (ITSE) is responsible for pre-Sales design, contributing to proposal generation and general sales support. The ITSE serves as the primary pre-Sales solution expert across a number of disciplines including but not limited to IT consulting, cybersecurity, network design and digital transformation.
1. Promote the sale of Comstar’s IT/MSP solutions via collaboration with internal Sales staff or external agencies, our Technology Solutions team and prospects/clients to interpret critical business objectives and identify appropriate Comstar based solution(s) to address said needs; design system requirements and document the appropriate solution, to contribute toward proposal generation and subsequent presentation needs; author both a Statement of Work and Scope of Work as required; finally, assist with transitioning new order or upsell/change order activities from pre-Sales to implementation by engaging Project Management and Supply Chain staff.
2. Identify potential upsell and cross sell opportunities through prospect and client engagement
3. Assist Sales Operations and Account Management teams reduce churn by auditing client profiles, services and account level gross margin in support of the renewal process.
4. Remain informed on industry news, trends, products/services, and competitor activities as it relates to legacy, existing or emerging IT/MSP solutions; educate internal staff and clients on our IT/MSP solutions stack; collaborate with Technology Solutions team to offer additional products or partnerships that may lead to solution enhancements, cost savings or operational efficiencies.
5. Assist with Independent Verification and Validation process (IVV) by clearly communicating solution use case to Engineering and Technology Solutions teams and contribute to testing process; coordinate possible beta testing with prospects and/or clients as needed; assist the Technology Solutions and Engineering Teams to create and maintain the Company’s Product Guide, contribute to process document generation and maintenance such as design documents, quote templates, client questionnaires.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in a sales engineering to include performing site surveys and developing appropriate quotes; previous experience in an active IT/MSP sales environment (calls, appointments, events); performing site surveys; developing design documentation; contributing to quote generation; and transitioning clients from the Sales process to project management
• Technical Skills: SME in Microsoft server and client operating systems, Cybersecurity (NIST and CMMC), SD WAN, Cloud Platforms and associated migrations, business continuity and network design; familiarity with common network vendors (IE: Cisco, Extreme, Sonicwall, HP)
• Certifications in one or more of the following: CISSP, MSCE, Security +, Network+, CCNA, AWS, ITIL
• Soft Skills: excellent customer interfacing skills (verbal, social written); excellent communicator internally and externally; creative thinker and problem solver; ability to effectively interact with multiple disciplines/departments; technology orientation and willingness to acquire new skills