The IT Sales Engineer is responsible to support pre-sales efforts for all IT engagements. This includes participating in sales calls, conducting network discoveries, assisting with customer on-boarding, compiling and leading scheduled technology reviews, and occasionally providing technical support.
• Assist Sales Team by providing pre-sales support and guidance for IT sales opportunities to include participating and at times leading technical discussions and solutions with sales team to potential clients; clearly present and explain current offerings and capabilities to include reviewing and completing questionnaires with potential clients regarding IT environment; perform network/system discovery and document findings
• Work with Sales and Project Management Teams to create proposed solution, statements of work, and quotes; review and deliver proposed solutions to engineering and project teams; assist with presenting proposed solutions to clients; maintain quote templates
• Provide weekly opportunity reports to senior management; proactively track trends for win/loss rates and applicable metrics; work with senior management to develop strategic plans to increase market penetration.
• Work closely with the Sales Team to develop IT Sales training material to keep the Sales Team updated with product changes and current offerings; identify other training opportunities for the Sales Team designed to increase IT related sale
• Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in a sales engineering to include performing site surveys and developing appropriate quotes.
• Experience with Managed Service Provider (MSP) business models and associated technology desired.
• Familiarity with common network vendors (IE: Cisco, Extreme, Sonicwall, HP)
• Can speak to general best practices in the following core areas: Networks, Cybersecurity, Systems, Disaster Recovery, and IT operations.
• Technical Skills: SME in Microsoft server and client operating systems, Virtualization Platforms, Cloud platforms (AWS preferred), Office 365, Backup Technologies, MSP RMM, AV Tools, Network Monitoring Tools, and Cybersecurity
• Certifications in one of more of the following: CISSP, MSCE, Security +, Network+, CCNA, AWS, ITIL
• Soft Skills: excellent customer interfacing skills (verbal, social, written); excellent communicator internally and externally; creative thinker and problem solver; technology savvy; ability to effectively interact with multiple disciplines/departments; initiative to quickly learn new and stay current with latest technologies
Our mission is to keep our customers connected and protected by providing a comprehensive suite of communications and security solutions delivered with the highest quality customer service. We value every team member and are committed to career growth and development for our staff. We offer a Competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, employer paid life and disability insurance and a 401(k) plan with employer matching. We are an equal opportunity employer.