The Senior IT Operations Engineer is responsible for all phases internal network and systems support, including the design, installation and ongoing maintenance of Windows Operating Systems for servers and workstations, Back-up Solutions, Cloud offerings, Active Directory and application support. The Sr IT Operations Engineer is also the first point of escalation from the IT Service Desk for all internal IT support.
1. Ensure system availability and stability for all internal and client facing systems and hardware; Design, implement and maintain IT systems that adhere to IT and cybersecurity best practices. This includes but not limited to all server, workstations, storage, network, cloud, mobile device, backup and security architecture, Active Directory, Group Policy, Antivirus, email, and websites; Maximize system performance by monitoring and troubleshooting system problems and outages; Respond to requests for assistance from staff at all levels relating to all internally used systems.
2. Manage and oversee IT Operations related to change management; Schedule upgrades and collaborate with engineers on system optimization IT initiatives; Manage inventory, license and maintenance; Help develop and implement policies, standards and procedures that adhere to IT and cybersecurity best practices.
3. Serve as the main point of contact for all third-party software and service providers used for internal IT purposes.
4. Participate in the development of the IT capital and expense budgets and serve as a lead in purchasing IT related equipment.
5. Provide leadership and implementation of new technology to improve quality, efficiency and that adhere to IT and cybersecurity best practices.