The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining accurate books in a timely manner. This includes performing general accounting functions, executing month end close, reconciliations, variance analysis, journal entries, financial statements preparation and reporting. The Staff Accountant will collaborate with various departments and external auditors.
- Assist with the completion of the Company’s books and records, including the monthly close, preparation of supporting schedules, analyzing and reconciling bank statements and credit cards, preparing journal entries and researching and resolving account discrepancies in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the preparation of monthly financial statements, management reports, POC (Percentage of Completion) report, tax reports and monthly budget to actual reports; assist with financial and bank audits
- Support Accounts Payable functions
- Provide financial analysis/support to include financial modeling and forecasting and support annual budget preparation
• Bachelors’ degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA is preferred
• 5 years’ experience in various accounting functions, including a working knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting; General Ledger account experience
• Strong Excel skills; experience in QuickBooks
• Soft Skills: Solid analytical thinker; strong communication (both written and verbal) skills; ability to effectively interact with multiple disciplines/departments; Strong organizational skills; solid customer service/support orientation