Comstar offers multiple ways to request support
- Email: Support@Comstar-USA.com
- Phone: (610) 675-1200 or (800) 498-1206
- Ask your Account Manager about joining our new Customer Portal with Ticket Submittal
Comstar Technologies is available 24 x 7 x 365. Support requests can be made any time via one of our support request contact options. Critical requests will be prioritized and handled 24 x 7 x 365. For non-critical requests, the response level will vary depending on the time of day the request is received.
All support requests are logged, and within 15 minutes you will receive an automated email with the ticket number for your request. Please keep this ticket number to effectively track your request. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam-filter or junk mail folder. If you still do not have an email, please call us to request your ticket number.
Phone support is generally reserved for urgent requests, while non-urgent requests should be made via email or the customer service portal. This helps us provide you with world-class support. We strive to have someone available on the phone within two minutes during standard hours, and within five minutes after hours.
Who can request support?
We accept support requests from up to four authorized contacts at your organization for each of the different systems we support for you. These contacts are listed on the corresponding product support guidelines attached to this document.
For what products can I request support?
We offer a wide range of products and services. These guidelines only apply to products for which Comstar provides support directly. If your product is supported directly by Comstar, you will also receive a set of product-specific support guidelines as another exhibit with your Master Purchase Agreement. For certain products, Comstar resells manufacturer support, but does not support the product directly. In these cases, you should have received information on how to contact that manufacturer’s support team when you bought the product from us. If you are uncertain about how to obtain support, please contact us and we will help direct you to the support team for the appropriate manufacturer.
Working Hours and Holidays
- Standard Hours: 8 am to 6 pm US Eastern time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- After Hours: Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays, plus 6:00 pm to 8:00 am Monday through Friday EST.
- Comstar Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day (observed), Independence Day (observed), Labor Day (observed), Thanksgiving, Christmas Day (observed)
We commit to response times rather than resolution times as it is impossible to predict the exact nature or cause of a problem and the time required to resolve such problem. However, our goal is to resolve all tickets to your satisfaction as quickly as possible.
Call (610) 675-1200 or (800) 498-1206, reference the ticket number and receive a status from the Comstar Support Center.
Active links to both our Support and Sales Escalation Lists:
If you feel the request has not been handled satisfactorily and you need further assistance from Comstar management, follow the escalation list below:
Escalation Level 1
If no reply after 30 minutes call
Escalation Level 2
Client Support Service Manager
If no reply after an additional 30-minute call
Escalation Level 3
Director of Client Support Services
Escalation Level 4
SVP, Sales, Marketing & Voice Services
Tickets Are Closed When…
- The problem has been resolved to your satisfaction. This is by far the most common reason we close
- We need more information from you to help diagnose or resolve a problem, we have asked for that information three times over the course of three business days, and we have not had a
- We have asked for certain work to be done on your side to help diagnose or resolve a problem, and that work has not been done within three (3) business
- We have in good faith determined that the problem is not covered under your support agreement and you have declined to have us work on a time-and-materials
What happens if I need on-site support?
Most problems can be resolved entirely remotely or with a combination of remote support and simple “hands-on” effort by a non-engineer from a customer’s staff who is at the appropriate location.
For select products in certain geographies, Comstar offers on-site support on a time-and-materials basis. This information can be found in the corresponding detailed product support guideline attached to this document.
Comstar will provide our International customers with 24 x 7 x 365 remote support for all P1 requests. P2 and P3 requests will be handled as described in the “Response Time by Segment of Day” table above.
On-site support and hardware replacement will be done through an authorized local partner, and response times will meet the prevailing standards for that geography, which may vary from the US standard.
Coverage of Comstar Support
You as the Customer will not allow a third-party other than Comstar or their authorized agent, to perform maintenance, attempt repairs, or change the system or equipment while such system and equipment is under a Comstar support agreement, unless agreed to in writing by Comstar.
If a problem cannot be resolved entirely remotely but can be resolved by the simple “hands-on” effort of a non-engineer, Customer will be required to provide a staff member at the appropriate location to work with the remote Comstar support engineer. If the on- site work requires a certified engineer, and the system and problem in question is covered by a Comstar support agreement, Comstar will provide a certified engineer at no cost to you. In this case, Comstar reserves the right to dispatch a local subcontractor at no cost to you.
Comstar is committed to providing the highest level of support for our clients. In many instances our clients have many vendors, hardware, and software partners, Comstar will assist our clients in correcting issues with those applicable items.
To provide this support and consulting and give our clients exceptional service the following items must be completed and provided to ensure Comstar and can provide this in a timely and efficient manner:
- All applicable LOAS (Letters of Authorization) for all vendors and partners to speak with Comstar and for Comstar to authorize changes on the client’s behalf.
- A primary and secondary client approver designated with all applicable contact information including but not limited to:
- Office and Cellular Phone Numbers
- Email Address
- Any other applicable contact information
- All approvers contact information must be available during off-hours and weekends in case of emergency so Comstar can work with them and the vendors and partners to avoid delay.
- Guidelines on what changes are acceptable for Comstar to make without client’s approval and what changes require client approval.
Comstar will work tirelessly to provide quick and satisfactory resolution while providing vendor liaison services. However, it is vital to remember that in situations that involve and require vendors and partners Comstar can often only make progress with cooperation and vendors and partners commitment to correcting issues. SLAs cannot be guaranteed during time periods in which vendors or partners are not being cooperative, Comstar will continue to work on the client’s behalf to contact vendors and partners according to Escalation Cadence based on priority of the issue at hand.